Monday, September 16, 2013

Week #9

Week #3 in Obligado, Paraguay


September 16, 2013

We were surprised to hear from Elder Thayn so early today, maybe he was making up for being so late last Monday,haha.

Email

Hello everyone!
As you all probably know I've been having a rough time out here. Mostly because I've been feeling really lonely and I have no one to talk to so all I can think about is home and how much I miss everyone. I'm just trying to keep a positive attitude, its just so hard to do for such a long period of time. 
So on Tuesday and Wednesday I did divisions with our district leader, Elder Bingham. It was so nice because I was able to talk to him and was able to express to him anything I wanted to. I went with him to Encarnacion because he had a meeting with all the leaders in our zone. It was really cool cause Elder Averett's companion is a district leader as well so I was able to see him and talk with him once again. So all of the companions of the leaders all went on splits while the leaders had their meeting. We had to walk quite a ways to get to the area we would be working at. There were 6 of us and we first went to a lady's house and did some service and then after that we ate lunch at a member's house. After that we headed back to where the leaders were. I met up with Elder Bingham again and then we took the 2 hours trip back to his area. I stayed with him overnight again since it was too late to head back to Obligado. 
Thursday morning we headed back to Obligado and met back up with our companions. Elder Bingham left with his companion so everything was back to normal after that. So Elder Aguinaga's back has been really hurting him lately. So that has been the story for the last couple of days. I think that's why the last several days have been so hard because we haven't been able to go out and work that much because of his back. So we've just been taking it easy and resting. We've just been meeting with Hermana Presentacion and her family. So as you could imagine I was really bored, I mean I tried my best to listen but I can only do it for so long. So yeah that's when I would think about home. Well hopefully this week will be better and I won't feel so terrible as these last 3 weeks. 
I love all you guys back home and hope everything is going well there. I would like to thank you all for all of your love and support! 
 
Elder Thayn

Extra tidbit -
I asked Elder Thayn how much money he received a month for expenses. His reply: "750 mil guarani."
I did the current currency exchange rate for the Paraguay Guarani (PYG) and it turns into about $168.64 US dollars.                        


Pictures



El Campo, by Encarnacíon, Paraguay


El Campo! When I went on splits in  Encarnacíon.


That's where I slept when I was on divisions with Elder Bingham


 "NOTICE: These email messages and pictures are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited."





2 comments:

  1. I hope Elder Thayne is doing well, it must be hard being so far from home and not being able to communicate very well yet. We will remember him in our prayers when we pray for Ben. As a mom I know it is hard hearing your son saying he is homesick, and there is nothing you can do, but pray. I know Heavenly Father will bless him as he does His work. Eva if you ever want to call and chat sometime my number is 3017390583. I usually find myself crying about something related to missing Ben during the week. The best time to reach me is in the evenings.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete