Monday, September 23, 2013

Week #10

Week # 4 in Obligado, Paraguay

September 24, 2013


Email

Hello,
I would just like to thank everyone for all of their prayers, love, and support! I'm so glad I have a great family and friends that have been awesome examples in my life. Things have gotten a little better but not much. I'm just trying to focus on my purpose as a missionary. 
So last P-day for dinner we all (My district leader, his companion, and my companion) decided to have a little fun and we bought pizza and brought it back to our house. It was great to have some fun like that, even though the pizza isn't nearly as good as the pizza back home. On Wednesday we went back to one of our investigator's house and talked to her more. Her name is Rosa and she seems pretty interested in our church. She knows a lot about the bible and the Catholic Church. But she even told us she doesn't believe the Catholic Church to be 100% correct. So I'm hoping as we have talked with her and will continue to talk with here she will be able to feel the Spirit and know our church is the true church of Christ. We gave her a Book of Mormon and we told her to read 3 Nephi 11 and pray about it. Oh and we also committed her to come to church with us. So yesterday we brought her to church. I think she enjoyed it, it's hard to know since I only understand parts of what she says. But during Sunday School she even participated and answered questions. I hope she comes with us next week! 
On Friday we met a guy named Victor. We talked to him about the Restoration and how Heavenly Father loves us and answers our prayers so we asked him to pray about what we have talked about. It was so weird cause I thought he was like 29, 30 years old, but it turns out he was only 20 years old! He even had a wife that he has been with for the last 5 years. She was at school when we visited so we weren't able to see her. But we're suppose to come back this week and visit again and she's suppose to be there. 
On Saturday we had a Mission Conference with all the missionaries from the Paraguay side of our mission. It was so great because I was able to see everyone from the MTC. We also got delicious pizza to eat, so yeah it was a great day. The area president and his wife spoke to us but of course it was all in Spanish... haha so it was super hard to understand. It seems like everyone from the MTC has been going through the same problems and struggles, so it's good to know I'm not the only on having a hard time. And sometime soon we're suppose to all go to Asuncion to sign some more paper work but we haven't heard of when it will be. I'm excited for that cause that means I will see everyone again! Well that's all for now. This past week has been hard because we haven't been able to work for certain reasons.... but hopefully we will be able to start working hard as soon as possible cause I know it will help me feel better. Anyways I hope everyone is well at home :) I love you all!
Love,
Elder Thayn

Pictures 

Elder Thayn send several pictures I've posted a few of them 

Obligado, Paraguay

Our pizzas, yum!

Oh yes 6 slices of pizza all for me!

A cute little puppy we found! He waddled behind us for like 4 blocks!
I kind of just wanted to break the mission rules and take him home as a pet and keep him!
I mean after all I understand him just about as much as Elder Aguinaga, haha!



 "NOTICE: These email messages and pictures are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited."













No comments:

Post a Comment