Friday, July 19, 2013

Zac's First E-mail

July 19, 2013

First E-mail from the MTC!

P-Day is Friday



Hey Mom, Dad, the family, and everyone else, 
Things are going pretty good now. The first day and yesterday were pretty rough. Like the only reason I didn't cry during the nights was so I wouldn't get embarrassed by my companions. But things are a little better. I still miss you guys so much and Hanna! Like when I think about how I'm not going to be seeing you guys or Hanna for 2 years it makes me really sad and want to come home. But when I just focus on today and whats going on right now I feel much better. I heard that as soon as Sunday rolls around the MTC experience is a lot easier. 
It's so weird to me and my companion that we've literally only been in the MTC for 48 hours, like it feels like we have been here for weeks rather than hours. Talking about my companion, his name is Elder Averett and he is from Blackfoot, Idaho. He is the same age as me. And he's been here as long as me. Everyone in my district got here the same time as me. So we're all going through the same emotions for the most part. There's 2 other sets of companions in our residence room. I still forget their names.... haha. 
Oh so yes today is our P-day. That's why we have time to e-mail and what not. Yeah it's so crazy how busy it is here. Like the first 2 days have given me a headache trying to figure out our next place and how to get there. So like I barely have time to write letters and write in my journal. 
Okay so you guys dropped me off at 1:45 then I just dropped my suitcases off in my room. Then the Elder took me to Language Class and that's where I met Elder Averett. Our teacher Brother Barfuss just returned from his mission 11 months ago. He spoke nothing but Spanish so it was super stressful! 
They expect so much out of us here, it's crazy hard. Like tonight we have to give a 20 minute discussion in Spanish to an investigator! Me and Elder Averett have been working really hard on preparing for it. I have memorized this so far "Hola, buenos dias. Nosotros somos misionarios de la iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias. Tenemos un mensaje de Jesucristo y Dios." And other stuff too. 
Oh yesterday our branch president was like "On Sunday I'm going to call one elder and one sister to give a 5 minute talk in sacrament meeting. It's random so make sure all of you prepare a talk just in case." So I'm like that's not too bad but then, he's like "oh I forgot to say it has to be in Spanish." So yeah pretty crazy! 
Oh sweet sounds fun! Tell Hannah good luck on her games! 
Thank you mom so much, I love you and Dad so much! You guys have been such great parents and examples! Sorry that's all for now. I don't have all that much time. Send my love to the rest of the Family. 

Love,Elder Thayn

 "NOTICE: This email messages is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited."





No comments:

Post a Comment