Monday, October 14, 2013

Week # 13

Week #1 in Salto del Guairá, Paraguay

October 14, 2013


Transfer Day Greeting Card - Click Image to Close

Zac’s 1st Transfer

Zac did not have time to download any pictures today since he had to go to Asuncion, Paraguay to sign some Visa papers. But he did manage to send an email.

Email

Hello everyone,
Well I got my new companion, his name is Elder Arevalo and he´s from Santiago, Chile. He´s actually only been on the mission for a change longer than me so only 6 weeks longer. Anyways so I had the opportunity to go with Elder Averett and Elder McOmber as a 3 sum on Tuesday in Encarnacion. It was probably the greatest day of my mission. We worked so hard, but had lots of fun doing it! I learned a lot that day, me and Elder Averett taught a lesson by ourselves and I bore my testimony lots. It was so great. Its just so great to have an American as a companion because he´s more understanding when it comes to learning a new language. He´s able to help you practice and give you advice on what to do to learn it better. I´m not going to lie I want an American companion really bad! Anyways so I got transferred to Saltos, Paraguay. It´s pretty close to the border of Brazil so there's lots of Brazilians, so now I have to deal with another language. haha. Well sorry I don't have anymore time! But tonight I'm leaving with the other missionaries that came with me to Asuncion to sign some papers so that will be nice. I love you all and hope you have a good week!
Love
Elder Thayn



"NOTICE: These email messages and pictures are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited."


1 comment:

  1. Dear Sister Thayn,

    My name is Tammie Holmes. My daughter, Sister Sarah Holmes, just arrived in Argentina. She is serving in the Posadas Mission & parts of Paraguay. We wanted to send her a package and i wanted to get your counsel on how to send things to her in Argentina. We have been told she may never get what we send, or it may take 2 - 3 months??? Do you have any counsel as to how to send packages and what has been your experience? you can email me directly, holmtamm@aol.com. We have enjoyed reading your Elder's blog and what is going on in Argentina/Paraguay. thanks so much. Tammie Holmes

    ReplyDelete