Monday, October 7, 2013

Week # 12

Week # 6 in Obligado, Paraguay

October 7, 2013


General Conference
Come Listen to a Prophet’s Voice


Email

Hello everyone!
So first I would like to say I hope you all had a good General Conference weekend! I hope you were all able to receive a little personal revelation from it. I know I did, I really enjoyed Elder Holland's talk and Elder Funk's talk in Priesthood Session. For conference we went to Encarnacion to watch it as a zone, well we separated, the Americans and the Latins so we could watch it in our native languages. So the only bad thing that happened during conference weekend was we missed Saturday morning session and Sunday afternoon session. So we missed Saturday morning session because the bus that was suppose to be there and wasn't there (typical in Paraguay, haha) so we had to wait until the next one, which made us almost two hours late. Then on Sunday, the last bus home for that day left at 5 so yeah we had to leave earlier. So I was a little bummed about that, but from what I was able to see I really enjoyed, it's funny how fast conference goes when you're really paying attention to it and are super excited for it! Anyways we stayed with Elder Averett and his companion, Elder McOmber for Saturday night since there was no use of going back home since we had to be there for the next day. 
So this last week was a little troubling with our investigator Rosa because we've been wanting to set up a baptismal date with her but we haven't been able to because she hasn't been home for the last couple of days. And one of the days was because she was at another church we found out..... ah just a little frustrating but I'm hoping she just needs time to think and receive a strong answer for herself that our church is the only true church. So maybe the last couple of days she hasn't been ready to set up a baptismal date. Well I think we might go over either tonight or tomorrow and see if she's home and hopefully we will be able to set up a date! Nothing else new or different has happened this week, I'm just trying my best to serve the Lord with what I got!
I hope you guys all have a good week at home and apply what you have learned from conference in your everyday lives, and I know as we try our best to come closer to the Lord we will receive many more blessings :) I love you all!
Love, 
Elder Thayn

Pictures 

Oh yeah I shined my shoes for the first time!

Here is a picture of us all watching General Conference! 

So I finally decided to take a picture of our church building, it's on the second floor.

"NOTICE: These email messages and pictures are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited."






No comments:

Post a Comment