Friday, August 9, 2013

Week #3

August 9, 2013

This past week (Wednesday, August 7th) was Zac's 19th Birthday. His first birthday out on his mission, which was spent at the MTC.

Week #3 also means...

 Zac only has 3 more weeks left before flying to Argentina. 

Once again, Zac sent a short email to post followed by 2 more emails of pictures...

Email #1

Hello everyone! 
So I have to say, holy smokes! My birthday was the best I could ever ask for on my mission! I just feel bad because I have like no time to write everyone thank you notes, maybe I will throughout my two years! Haha So thank you everyone for your love and support! I got a total of 7 packages for my birthday. I didn't even have enough time to open them all on my birthday, so yesterday was my second birthday! 
So I figured out the hardest rule to follow in the missionary handbook is no communicating to family/friends with of course the exception of P-Day. Especially this week with all the letters I received. So be patient with me when it comes to responding to all of your letters. 
Earlier today we were able to clean the temple of which I mentioned in last week's e-mail. It was sweet! We cleaned the cafeteria, men's & women's dressing rooms, and some stair cases. We were able to sit in the Celestial room for 10 minutes and just relax and think. It was probably the best 10 minutes of cleaning the Temple. It was only a little awkward because I was in my black vans shoes... But we were in white scrubs that we cleaned in. But after knowing its totally okay since we're cleaning it was really neat! We were also able to see the Brides room so that was pretty sweet! 
Oh and we got some more exciting news in our district.... This Wednesday we will be hosts for the new incoming missionaries! It's weird cause I feel like I'm still new here. 
This week has been pretty good, more challenging though. So now we have two investigators that we teach every other day. So it works out to where we teach one of them everyday. Also being a zone leader has brought more challenges. Like, showing the new district (that came in two days ago) around and answering their questions, and also Sundays are just full of meetings! Haha but still good. 
So I decided the MTC is an emotional roller coaster! Haha but things are getting better now. It's just funny because sometimes I feel like I'm really understanding Spanish but then other times I'm so lost and confused. I have strong faith in the gift of tongues and I have already seen it be apart of me so far into my mission. Thank you guys for all of your support and remember that I'm also praying for you all back home! :) I will make sure to send some pictures! I love you guys! 
Love,
Elder Thayn

Email #2 

Me and Elder Averett's robes of power! The old zone leaders passed them off to us!

A box of cheerios an elder gave to me for my birthday! The cheerio lady was dressed immodest so we covered her up!


 All of the letters I've received from everyone.

Email #3

All of the packages I got from my birthday plus one more that's under my desk!

My haircut I got! The back is pretty short.


These are the elders that left on Monday to Honduras and Mexico.


 "NOTICE: These email messages and pictures are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited."





No comments:

Post a Comment